Wrongful termination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vortex4200

I have been dignosed has having major depression and anxiety, about two months ago I made an inapproprate remark, at the time I made this remark I was on a medicne that was not effectively treating my condition, even my new doctor has said this for a fact.
I wass called onto the carpet by managment about an attendace issue, which I was able to iron out with them and the the manager mentions this remark that I made almost a month ago, I addmitted my mistake on that but also told him I was on incorrect medicne, but had started some new stuff and was responding to it, no the less they fired me, and they have denied me unemployment benifits, I will appeal that descision, but are there any other recourses available to me?
If so what are they?

I have been dignosed has having major depression and anxiety, about two months ago I made an inapproprate remark, at the time I made this remark I was on a medicne that was not effectively treating my condition, even my new doctor has said this for a fact.
I wass called onto the carpet by managment about an attendace issue, which I was able to iron out with them and the the manager mentions this remark that I made almost a month ago, I addmitted my mistake on that but also told him I was on incorrect medicne, but had started some new stuff and was responding to it, no the less they fired me, and they have denied me unemployment benifits, I will appeal that descision, but are there any other recourses available to me?
If so what are they?

I hope you get your illness under control.

Keep taking your "meds" and following the direction of your physician.

I'm sorry to say, but your employment was at will, unless you had a contract.

As an at will employee, you can be terminated at anytime, without notice and/or without reason.

Such termination is without recourse on your part.

In your case, they had a reason.

I don't see any legal remedies for you, especially since unemployment has denied you benefits.

Did they know about this condition prior to you saying something about new medications? Even if the ADA does apply (and I'm not saying whether I think it does or not), substandard performance does not need to be accepted.

They did know that I was having problems and I did inform them that I was on new medication for my condition, and I was continuing to seek further treament for my condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back