Wrongful Termination? Help please :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esper

About a week ago my Fiance was accused of stealing hours from his company when he was actually there, on the clock doing what he was supposed to do.

He worked for a traffic control company, and was on a turnpike doing work for pennDOT. His manager said that he drove up to check on the job site and claimed that my fiance and his crew weren't there and had their signs turned, and that they attempted to steal 3 extra hours of work on their timesheets. This is false, and after they got fired his crew member went up to the job site to talk to the pennDOT inspectors who were in charge that night and were able to get a letter from them saying that both my fiance and his crew member were there both working till the time they had put down, as well as the contractors who hired their company saying the same thing- that they were actually there. The pennDOT inspector also stated that he would be able to get regional penDOT managers involved if needed.

The next day his crew memver brought this letter to their manager the next morning who got angry and raised his voce at them for "going behind his back" to get this, but nothing was done to at least clear their name of this falsely accused "theft" and they still were sticking to this story.

We have a copy of the letter as well as the termination paper which my fiance did not sign since it was false. Is there any chance we have a case, and if not is there a way we can at least have his name cleared of theft for his work records? Any advice of what we should do would be very appreciated. =\

His employment was at will. Therefore, his employer doesn't need a reason to terminate his services.

The letter from the PennDot official might be persuasive in assisting your BF with getting unemployment benefits. The letter is of no moment or consequence in overturning an internal company decision to continue your BF'S employment relationship. Sadly, I see nothing of a probative nature in the letter which would be beneficial in a wrongful termination lawsuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patricia Young said:
I believe I've seen this post before on another forum. It wasn't wrongful termination there either.

I've been told that some people believe if you keep asking the same question, eventually you'll get the answer you want to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back