Wrongful termination and non payment of healt benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald_Hawk_II

I live in Pennsylvania, the company I worked for is from Cannon Falls, Minnesota. I hired on with this trucking company to run a designated run, Monday thru Friday. Benefits were to begin 60 days after the first day of the month following employment. We were hired in mid September, so benefits began January 1st 2008. Due to bad weather the driver who runs opposite of me in the same truck was sent home by dispatch and told to come back in 10 hours. The load I am to deliver was not there. Dispatch did not call me to tell me not to go to work, so I drove an hour expecting that everything was on time. I have driven in severe snow storms witnessing many accidents and got my load there on time. Dispatch told me it was the drivers responsiblity to call them and make sure everything is on time. They ran me two more days and fired me due to the load being late. My health benefits that should have started on Jan 1st, 2008 were never paid and I was not fired until Jan 4, 2008. Upon further investigation, I found out that 7 other drivers from the state of Ohio were also let go that week. Since then 20 drivers from Minnesota have been let go. The driver who ran opposite me in the same truck is still there, but he didn't sign up for the insurance benefits, he is on his wife's plan.
When we went to Minnesota for testing, the man who gave us our driving test said this was the easiest company to get fired from. The saved a huge sum of money in holiday pays and non insurance payments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back