Wrongful suspension

veggienegative

I was recently suspended for the mistake of my General manager. In late 2014 I misplaced money that was stolen and then replaced it with my own in fear of getting fired. When my manager found out and I admitted everything he was furious and then let it go. After a couple weeks he did nothing and I did not want to over step his authority nor test his demeanor that I just took it as a loss and let the problem go. Six months later corporate finds out and he informs me that they will be questioning me and "claims to have my back," because he knew all about it but when I admitted to everything I was suspended and informed that he protested to knowing a thing about the situation. When being suspended they said because I failed to let me GM know of the situation I was not allowed on the premises and had to leave right away. That I let a theft stay in the store instead of letting it be investigate when in reality my inglorious manager was at fault for that. I left silently and do not plan on returning but I was wondering if there was anything I can do about this situation? Unfortunately I have no proof as for it was all verbal conversations. And the only person who knew of the incident does not have my best interest.

Agree, not a wrongful/illegal suspension. Sorry.

Back