Wrongful refusal to process building permit

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubletrouble

My jurisdiction is: Washington State USA

I originally posted this issue in Real Estate - General under the title of "Unmarketable Title". Wrong forum, wrong title, as it turns out, because it never was a title insurance issue in the first place. I thought it was because the County denied even accepting a building permit application, for over one year, on the grounds that the lot I bought was not legally created. In fact during that year they went so far as to say, in writing, that I illegally subdivided it (a misdemeanor in this State). After a whole lot of pressure they finally reversed themselves and conceded that it was legally created before I bought it But I had a one year construction loan that went into default in the interim. Now, the bank is foreclosing because I failed to start construction. So can anyone suggest what if any recourse might I have against this County? Thank you.

If you are not barred by the public duty doctrine, and you can prove negligent performance of duty, you might be entitled to damages. Sue their asses. You're going to need a lawyer.

Thank you Dee Dub for following this farce and discussing it with me. Washington State law dictates that prior to filing a suit against a public entity, I must first file a claim, which I did in January, and wait sixty days before filing suit. The purpose of this 60-day period is to give the entity opportunity to attempt a negotiated settlement thereby avoiding the necessity of a lawsuit. It's a great idea if the entity responds. Not so great if you're ignored instead. I do indeed need an attorney. Dammit I just gave a kid in another forum some grief for refusing to stand for the Pledge of Allegience.
You're Canadian but I share a human frustration with this kid that has nothing to do with borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back