Wrong convictions on SVOR website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joaquin

The state of Montana's sexual and violent offender regist. website. Has posted my convictions as; sexual intercourse w/o consent. The actual conviction was Felony attempt sexual intercourse w/o consent. I have contacted the dept. of justice. And their reply was that they treat the offense as if you had committed the act. They stated Mt state Supreme court ruling, Montana Vs. Cameron 2005 MT 32 P 26 (MT. 2005). There's nothing in that case that show's cause that the state can use, that implies what they said in their letter to me. I did see that it said(Mt vs. cameron),"that the charge of felony attempt is punishible as if you had committed the crime. I didn't see were it said that it was "treated"

I believe that the Investigations Bureau Chief, is blowing smoke, and using a play on words:mad: I am asking the lawyers out there, can I proceed with a lawyer in filing against the State?

Of course, you can instigate an action.
A better question is, would you prevail?
Most probably, not.
Most jurisdictions make a distinction between an attempt and completion of an act only for sentencing purposes.
If you attempt a felony, the result is equivalent to a felony; and not a misdemeanor makes.

Did you read the Supreme Court Case? How long have you been retired? Your advise is seen as unfounded, your comments are misleading. It shows that you are either out of touch with the current law(s). Or you are a fraud. I would hope that people you advise are not taking you seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back