Writting a will is a bad idea as it can be brok

Status
Not open for further replies.

moe007

My mother had a will as a matter of a fact she just passed away and she had 4 kids. They were supposed to get her things divided eqally between them so there was no fighingting and this this what has happened. She had to leave my youngest sisters as exectors as they both live in Ont. and this is what the Law told her to do. She told me this herself and I said my sister is going to pull somthing and she said she can't because there is a will. I laughed and said I will bet you $100.00. When my mom passed my sisters took all the things in her house and told the Lawyers that they were worth nothing and he believed them.My mother was a pack rat and she had many things in her house.Now I could of course hire a lawyer and try and settle this but there isn't a lot of money in the belongings and hiring a lawyer would use up what is left and would be a waste of time and money and my sisters know this and were counting on it. So getting a will is not always the way to go as there will always be people like my sisters that will take advantage and lawyers know this and not all but some just love to take advantage with the rest of them. So not only did my sisters get the money from my mom they also got everything in her house and the so called lawyers did nothing about it. I think the Lawyers are a Joke in this case ! Not looking into the rights of the rest of the family and seeing if the rest of the family is taking care of.As long as the ones that hired him were taken care of then all is right with the world.In the end there was a will and the exc. took advantage of it and the only way I can fight that is to pay a lawyer more money to get my money back.Why even write a will when this is what happens to it??? I don't think my mom knew this was what was going to happen! Moe007:no:

It is not the attorney's duty to "protect" the beneficiaries and he is entitled to take the PR's word as long as someone does not protest. It is his duty to be sure that they are properly noticed and have the opportunity to protest and that the estate is handled in accordance with the law. It is not his duty to inventory and appraise the estate.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of greedy people in this world and many of them take advantage of their duty as a PR. And a lot of us are related to them. Still, making a will is the only way to be reasonably sure that your estate will be distributed in accordance with your wishes and you have to hope that you have appointed someone that is trustworthy. There are a lot of us left in the world too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back