Writ of habeas corpus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stimpy01

I am in Washington state. Can I present a hapeas corpus into the courts myself without a laywer, and how much is the filing fee? My sons mother took my son from his grandmothers house without either of our permission on the 1st of Sept., and is now hiding out at a shelter that does not give out any info. She is a meth addict, and has lost both her other two children to their fathers for the same reason, and decided to kidnap my son in order to not have to go to court. She has made claims to the shelter that she was on the run for her life, but I have never been arrested or anything to do with any violence towards women or children. She told them this because she knows what to say to people who runs shelters...they just do not know her. I have already filed and gotten a temporary restraining order and tep custody order stating that he's supposed to be with me until the end of our custody hearing, but the shelter that she's at refuses to give my son up. Neither of us has an established parenting plan or custody, but my son has been living with me for the past one and a half yrs (he'll only be 3yrs old in November). I haven't seen my son for weeks now, and this is the only way I've been told I can get him back. I'm afraid she is trying to get money to run away to Denver with him. Anyway, those are my only two questions. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back