Would it be expensive to hire a lawyer in Toronto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jody F Behm

Jurisdiction
Ontario
Hello folks,
My brother was injured while a motorcycle last week, and the accident resulted in a severe traumatic brain injury. He slipped into a coma for weeks. By God's grace, he became conscious after a long term treatment. But surgery and physical therapy are required to get fully recovered. Brain injuries are the most expensive injuries, and it needs thousands and thousands of dollars for further treatment.
Another driver caused the accident, so I think he would get the compensation through a motorcycle injury lawyer. So, the compensation amount can help cover the treatment cost.
If anyone knows, please share the average price range that a lawyer charges?

First: This forum is for US law matters.
Second: Call around.

If anyone knows, please share the average price range that a lawyer charges?

Personal injury attorneys in Canada work on a contingency just like in the US. They get a percentage of whatever they get for you. You can google and get listings of personal injury attorneys in Ontario.

My wife and I had a son who was injured by a drunk driver.

He, too, was riding on his motorcycle.

He suffered his noxious brain injury during an orthopedic surgery at the hands of an over confident, improperly trained anesthesiologist resident.

The anesthesiologist inserted a tube into his esophagus shutting off oxygen to his brain, while the dunce failed to inform the surgeon.

The hospital allowed the dummy to work without supervision in attendance.

Sadly our son lapsed into an 11 year coma. He died after being in a coma for 11 years. My wife claimed he recognized her presence, as he would rouse when she entered his room.

I successfully sued the hospital, the university, and the anesthesiologist.

The award was just under $10,000,000 which was placed in a medical needs trust for his continuing care.

I also sued for our two granddaughters and received $3,500,000 for each of them.

Their mother was named as the trustee on their behalf. My wife and a bank were trustees of the first award.

I took no fee, as I always work pro bono for family.

You'll not need to worry about any fees, as most "med mal" attorneys work on a contingency.

Not to worry, start looking for attorneys in your area that specialize in medical malpractice cases.

I also hope your loved one recovers.

God bless.

Since you are writing to us from India, I think it best that you simply have your brother or his legal representative contact attorneys in Toronto since I suspect the entire post is seed spam.

In the event that your brother actually exists, I wish him the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back