Would I have a case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babygirl62875

I would like to know if I have just cause to sue my former employer. I worked there a total of four years, never got disciplined I was never late or missed days. Upon rehire I was given a drug test which I failed but had scripts so they hired me. Well they gave me a random drug test which i failed. But had prescription for and they made copies. They told me to work that day and I missed several days before I was called in and told I was being fired for drug test. They told me I needed to go to rehab. And did not show me any paperwork on what I failed. Then come to find out the whole facility knew about my situation before I knew I was being fired. They told other employees my business they discriminated against me . When I fought to get unemployment they told them lies and that I was fired for lying. I was off several days before without pay. Not to mention my coworkers talking about me behind my back. There were also issues of favoritism. Can someone please help me? I am not " legal smart" so need to know if it is even worth the fight. I was told this company plays by their own rules and no local attorney will take the case.

You have nothing, sorry.
If you have been illegally using something then stop. If you are legally using something that results in a failed drug test then be open about that from the very beginning when being hired.
The employer did nothing wrong here.

Sorry but I don't see a wrongful termination. If you were denied unemployment ins., you can try an appeal. (It never hurts to try an appeal.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_termination

PS - if no attorney will take your case, that more or less tells you that you have no case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back