1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

working while filing for disability

Discussion in 'Medical Leave & Disability' started by boo4764, Sep 28, 2016.

1. boo4764

boo4764 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    New Jersey
    My employer insists that I authorize another employee to use my state licensed password and perform functions that only I should do. i am injured and home, under doctors orders. can I go into work, perform these duties, go home after a few hours, and not jeopardize my disability privileges?

2. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

can I go into work, perform these duties, go home after a few hours, and not jeopardize my disability privileges?

While only the state disability office can carve the answer in stone, it's about 99% certain that the answer is No.

3. boo4764

boo4764 Law Topic Starter New Member

My job concerns medical billing. It would be illegal to permit a subordinate to log in with my ID and post financial data under my name. If I go in and post, I lose benefits. if I dont, it is likely tha I will be terminated within the week. Help

4. txls

txls Well-Known Member

Better to be terminated than to be illegal.

5. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

I'm not arguing, I'm asking.

What happens when you're on vacation or out sick for a couple of days?