Workers comp

Mugzy322

Jurisdiction
Florida
Can I accept another job offer if my doctor hasn't released me from workers comp from my current employer?

Can I accept another job offer if my doctor hasn't released me from workers comp from my current employer?

Yes, but such acceptance could be POTENTIALLY fraught with many negative issues for you.

I suggest you NOT accept the offer before investigating how taking the new job could create many harmful issues for you.

The best way to find out is to retain an attorney.

Another option is to contact the agency funding your disability payments DIRECTLY.

If I'm released as early as next week from the doctor, am I then able to accept a position after that?

Again, you should check with your physician and the whoever it is that is/was funding your WC payments.

If the DOC says its okay, and you agree that you're healed, GENERALLY it can be okay, but there are always exceptions about having to repay someone if you do it prematurely.

Have you checked with your WC provider, current employer, and does your prospective employer KNOW you're coming off WC?

Again, I'm nobody other than a guy that knows a little bit about lots of stuff.

I can't give you permission or guarantees, that's why I keep suggesting you LOOK before your LEAP.

I handle a whole lot of WC. There is no reason you can not change jobs. None. The claim continues whether you work there or not. Happens all the time. If you are receiving TTD and start working, those payments will cease. Obviously, if the new job requires you to do things that are against your current restrictions, it would be unwise of you to ignore medical advice, but there is no law or rule that would prohibit you from doing so.

Back