work place harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdeanm

I was recently suspended from my job for 3 days at a nursing home where I am the Director of Social Services. The Administrator's reasons were failure to document in a number of areas. 2 of the areas were the responsibility of other department head. The third was documented as far as I had gottened due to waiting on the family to respond for permission to have therapy work with resident.
He stated he was suspending me pending the investigation of thses and OTHER SITUATIONS. But failed to say what these other situations are concerning. At the end of his note it states "This may include further disciplinary action including termination."
I have received in the past a note on a time sheet that if I failed to take a lunch break I would be fired. Two years ago he put me on probation for allegedly refusing to help other departments out, when checking with the people that allegedly said this to him they both denied his allegations.
I have contacted our corp. offices and will be discussing this further with them on Monday.
I also found out that other departments have been threatened with being fired if they do not completed paper work for whatever.
What is our opinion??? What course of action do you recommend??
Thank you.

There is not a great deal of information that you have provided with regard to what is really going on. However, I find it helpful to do the following. You must use your own judgment if you wish to act on your own.

1) Read your corporate policy/manual very thoroughly, especially with regard to procedures. Make sure that the company is following the guidelines.
2) Document everything. You may you file a timely objection with your human resources department and make sure to place it in writing.

I'm not sure what your complaints are about not having completed prior paperwork "for whatever." If there are rules to be complied with then those are the rules, whether or not you think them not to be very conducive to productivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back