Work place discrimination

• Thread Starter David davenport
  • Start date
D

David davenport

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
This is a two part labor related issue. I am a collection agent and the company hired new spanish/English speaking employees and pay them $4 more per hour, secondly I was on FMLA leave from Oct to April 1 I was receiving chemo and radiation treatment but still working on a limited basis it was noted that during that time my QA performance suffered and now being singled out and suspended for having the same QA defects as others on our small 5 man team but I feel it may be retaliation for the FMLA time off.

are you bilingual? it could be that they just have more skills than you do and that can justify the higher pay. If you want a raise, it needs to be based on your own skills, experience and performance and not based on what others are making.

The employer can assess your performance for time you are working during intermittent FLMA. If you needed other accommodations, it was up to you to request them under ADA, not FMLA. Those accommodations are generally made so that you can perform your essential job functions, but even then you can still be held to the performance standard.

In hindsight it may have been better for you to take 100% of the timeoff allowed.

Yes, it is legal to pay those with a second language skill more than those without it.

It is legal to hold you accountable for poor quality work even if you were using intermittent FMLA. FMLA does not protect you from repercussions based on performance.

Back