Work place discrimination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4rights

Hello,
My boss has known of my medical condition (which allows reasonable accomadations) for sometime now. I brought to his attention that sometimes its very difficult for me to perform some parts of my job. He ignored my condition and didnt take it to his boss etc., and basically tried to keep me from pressing the issue. He has even made statements to coworkers such as "he doesnt want to come to me about his condition, he doesnt want to go that route" and to another "im tired of hearing about this (my condition) and age bs." So I since then have been seriously afraid to bring up my condition, I know what hes capable of once he goes after someone who "disrupts" program. For a long time then I really had a tuff time dealing with my condition. Eventual it came back up to where his boss became aware of it. We disscused things that would help me do my job. His boss made the comment to me "well you see if I have to accomadate you I might have to accomadate others in the future" Months go by, with no accomadati

If you feel aggrieved you can hire an attorney and take the wrong doers to court.

You can file a complaint with the DOL for a FMLA violation.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/index.htm

You can also file a complaint with the DOJ for an ADA violation.

http://www.ada.gov/

Your state also will entertain ADA related complaints.

http://www.ada-ohio.org/

Don't hold your breath, however.

Most plaintiffs with these types of complaints get very little help from the government.

Good luck!

....tions. After that there began a trail of "nitpicking," till eventually I got fired for a first time procedure violation that is regularly violated by other coworkers in the presence of supervion without penalty. Supervision itself does the samething in front of witnesses. We grieving the termination atm. My boss also stated that if I grieve this he will deny my unemployment. He said this in front of witnesses. I have filed a charge with the EEOC. Do I have a valid chance of getting job back? Thanks.

Do I have a valid chance of getting job back? Thanks.

I represented a plaintiff some years ago on an ADA & Sex discrimination complaint.

She prevailed.

It took us six years to win the case.

Its possible, but usually not without your own attorney.

She got a nice monetary award, and her job back.

She resigned and retired a week later!

As I said before, don't hold your breath!

Thanks army judge,
Im not sure I understand how my complaint goes with a FMLA violation. Should I have been afforded some time off somehow? Though there were several times I felt to bad to go in, but did it anyway out of fear of retaliation.

Last edited:
Thanks army judge,
Im not sure I understand how my complaint goes with a FMLA violation. Should I have been afforded some time off somehow?

Only if you had requested some.
I was only trying to give you as many options as there are available to someone in your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back