woman paying childsupport

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecracker07

I am now paying child support for my two sweet boys. I am behind on childsupport because i went through some hard times and i was not working and i got behind. Well about last october i got back on my feet and i started paying child support to georgia where my boys are. I live in texas. About a month ago the texas attorney general started guarnishment of my wages. So I figured that that was enough. Well today i get a notice from georgia that my payments are over due. They are telling me that if my employer is deducting payments from my salary i am still responsible for the payments. what does that mean. if there being deducted from my pay. i am paying it right. they are threating to take my drivers license away. should i get a lawyer are just call to clear this up. I really could use some advice here I dont know how to handle this. I am scared to death. I am just trying to do the right thing and i love my boys and want to support them. I am all better now and i want very deeply to resolve this but i only make so much and cant afford to pay a double child support. I always thought this was based on your income. I am on a very low budget and i am paying a good bit for what i make. Please help what should i do?

It seesm that the GA and tX CSE's are not communicating with each other.

See if legal aid can help you or call around to an attorney to seeif anyone can help for free. You will probably need an attorney inthe state where the support order is out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back