Withholding information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petie

Every application has a part that asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime and if so, what, where, and when. In my case I have 2 UCW convictions (misdemeanors) and 1 Posession of marajuna chagre for which I served Probation (2 yrs) and completed. I recived Adjudicated Probation for the Pos charge not that it does much good because a criminal background check still shows the charge and out come. My question is how long does it have to be before I no longer have to disclose this information and it can not be held agianst me? These where all in 1995 within 3 weeks of each other.

My understanding is that there is no time limitation. You may wish to look into expungement. The questions in an application are supposed to comport with the requirements of the job and have some relation, although that one is very common and I understand your concern. Some don't answer the question and it works for them.

Originally posted by Petie
Every application has a part that asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime and if so, what, where, and when. In my case I have 2 UCW convictions (misdemeanors) and 1 Posession of marajuna chagre for which I served Probation (2 yrs) and completed. I recived Adjudicated Probation for the Pos charge not that it does much good because a criminal background check still shows the charge and out come. My question is how long does it have to be before I no longer have to disclose this information and it can not be held agianst me? These where all in 1995 within 3 weeks of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back