1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Withholding information

Discussion in 'Employment, Labor, Work Issues' started by Petie, Jan 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petie

Petie Law Topic Starter New Member

Every application has a part that asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime and if so, what, where, and when. In my case I have 2 UCW convictions (misdemeanors) and 1 Posession of marajuna chagre for which I served Probation (2 yrs) and completed. I recived Adjudicated Probation for the Pos charge not that it does much good because a criminal background check still shows the charge and out come. My question is how long does it have to be before I no longer have to disclose this information and it can not be held agianst me? These where all in 1995 within 3 weeks of each other.

2. Michael Wechsler

Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

My understanding is that there is no time limitation. You may wish to look into expungement. The questions in an application are supposed to comport with the requirements of the job and have some relation, although that one is very common and I understand your concern. Some don't answer the question and it works for them.