Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Will this be on my record?

K

Kate23523

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hello
A couple years ago I was caught shoplifting (1 item totaling $24). The mall police and a sheriff came and I had to fill out a form with my information, they kept a copy and gave me a copy. I don't recall what it was and cannot find it the form now. I believe my SS# was on it. All they told me was that I was banned from the mall for life.
I need to do a background check for a job and I'm curious if this would show up on that background check/my record.
Thank you for any help

All background checks are not created equal. It CAN show up. Only time will tell if it WILL show up.

Hello
A couple years ago I was caught shoplifting (1 item totaling $24). The mall police and a sheriff came and I had to fill out a form with my information, they kept a copy and gave me a copy. I don't recall what it was and cannot find it the form now. I believe my SS# was on it. All they told me was that I was banned from the mall for life.
I need to do a background check for a job and I'm curious if this would show up on that background check/my record.
Thank you for any help

If all you did was complete a form for the mall's use, you weren't charged.
In Florida you can search for criminal convictions for FREE, compliments of your forward looking elected officals.

Look yourself up, here, for FREE:
FDLE Criminal History Information on the Internet: Home Page

I am a Retail Theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Unless the Police and courts were involved there is no record outside of Store/Mall and any retail theft database the store might subscribe to. In short unless the background check is for a store or that Mall you should be fine

Back