Will Question, AK

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinrazrback

I currently reside in LA, and my father in AK. He passed away on 10 Sep of this year, and I only found out yesterday on Christmas, his wife decided not to call or tell me about it. Am I entitled to see the will (still not 100% sure there is a will yet, and if not then what to do from there)? How do I go about seeing it if there is not one filed in the courts? Also, I believe I may be entitled to insurance money, but she will not tell me the name of the insurance company. I have moved several times and the insurance co. may have been trying to get in touch with me, but may not have my contact info. How could I find out where his insurance was from? Being I live in Louisiana and them in AK, the distance is not easy to overcome, thanks

Last edited:
You can start by contacting the probate court in his county of residence. If probate has been opened, they will provide you with a copy of the file for a small fee. If probate has not been opened, you will have to decide whether to start probate yourself or just let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back