Will It EVER END??? :-( HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnowWhat13

Hi

I live in Florida.

I was involved in a car accident 2 years 11 months ago.

My now X husband left me me 2 years 8 months ago. Our divorce was final 1 year ago.

The insurance company is finally going to settle, however, 1 insurance company is issuing the check in my name, the other insurance company is issuing a check in BOTH names.

The EX husband is saying he will not endorse the check unless HE gets some of the money.

Is he entitled to any????

He was not there for any of the 3 spinal epidurals, Doctor appts, therapy, nothing.

He's also in contempt of court for not upholding the divorce agreement.

Thanks you!!

The applicable Ohio code is here:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/3105.171

and the part that applies to you is "3105.171(6)(a)(vi)".

It appears that your ex is entitled to any compensation that replaces loss of marital income due to your injuries, as well as his share of any marital assets that paid expenses during your recovery. The timeline applies from the time of your accident until the date of your legal separation or divorce.

I would contact your lawyer about this. Good luck! (I hope you don't have to give him ANYTHING!!)

OK.......THANK YOU!

He's being so mean and spiteful......

Says since I filed contempt motions against him, he wants to use a portion of MY settlement to pay attorney fees????

God......I am so tired.

He left me.....now why won't he go away?

Oh, there was no loss of "Marital Income" as I work part time and could go before work.

The only "Marital Asset" that was paid would be that he paid the insurance until Divorce??

Bleh

Last edited:
The only "Marital Asset" that was paid would be that he paid the insurance until Divorce??
If that's the insurance he carried for you throughout your marriage, then I doubt that would qualify. You would have been entitled to that anyway. I still recommend that you consult your attorney, though. As my signature says, "I'm not a lawyer." :angel:p

I appreciate your response!!

I made an error......it doubt it will matter

BUT

The accident happened 2 months AFTER he snuck out of our 12 year marriage to be with a woman half his age.

I have put a call into my divorce attorney.

Sigh.

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back