will information disclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

C_Turner

My father was told by his sister (the executor) that he is a beneficiary in my Great Aunt's will. My aunt read him some info from the will but he has not seen the will nor received a copy himself. My Great Aunt passed in February and my aunt told my dad that the estate was tied up in investments but offered no other information. There is some question as to whether or not she can be trusted. Her children which are likely beneficiaries are not on speaking terms with her either and they have not been offered any information. My father is not in great health and is barely making his pension stretch to cover his needs but my aunt is sitting very well off. My father does not have many years left and if there is money coming to him, he should be able to spend it to enjoy some of his time left. Is there not a time limit for the executor to disclose info and notify beneficiaries and how long do they have to wait to receive their inheritance? Can you offer advice for this situation. We are from B.C. Canada and I imagine that laws are different here than the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back