Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Will I get jail time for my first petit theft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardgamekid

I'm very concerned. My court date is in 3 days and this is my first offense, ever. I want to know what I can do to make all of this disappear. I'm extremely nervous and I don't have much money, so I'm looking to do this in a way where it won't cost me a lot. Can someone please guide me on what steps to take?

It won't be done in a day or two.

You appear, plead not guilty, ask the court about appointing a public defender.

Then do as told, make no statements, meet with the lawyer ask about deferred adjudication or diversionary programs when meeting with your lawyer.

You'll have to take I WON'T STEAL CLASSES, HONESTY CLASSES, ETHICS CLASSES, etc..., you'll be told, stay out of trouble, SHUT UP, wait, do EXACTLY as told, stop telling people what you want, learn what you need to do fix your mess, let time pass, DON'T EVER STEAL AGAIN - NO MULLIGANS ALLOWED AFTER THIS ONE, and wait.

Speed kills, slow down.

That may have really scared me, but even though I'm still extremely nervous, I'm going to take your advice. That makes a lot of sense and I'm glad you explained those steps.

NO do as instructed. When you meet your Public defender ask about ACD or diversion as plea options. Do not discuss case with DA, Police or retailer.

No, it's very doubtful you will get jail time for a first time petty theft. Follow the advice given above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back