Assault & Battery Will i be jailed if..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandycole

IN 2001 i was arrested and charged with domestic battery..i was released 21 days later under whats called a conditional discharge. I was ordered by the court to attend anger management classes and to pay a fine. I didnt do either and as a result i was arrested on may 25 2010 at a custody hearing for my 15 year old daughter. I was able to pay a cash bond of $1,000,00 and was released with a court date for June 17th 2010. My question is what will the jail time be when i return to answer for the violation? By the way if this counts for anything..the arrest in 2001 was the only time in my life i had ever been arrested and i will be 37 in a few weeks.

IN 2001 i was arrested and charged with domestic battery..i was released 21 days later under whats called a conditional discharge. I was ordered by the court to attend anger management classes and to pay a fine. I didnt do either and as a result i was arrested on may 25 2010 at a custody hearing for my 15 year old daughter. I was able to pay a cash bond of $1,000,00 and was released with a court date for June 17th 2010. My question is what will the jail time be when i return to answer for the violation? By the way if this counts for anything..the arrest in 2001 was the only time in my life i had ever been arrested and i will be 37 in a few weeks.

You could be sentenced to the maximum time allowed under the law.

Usually, judges don't "max' defendants out like that.

However, you were gone for nine years.

No one knows what the judge in your case will do.

I can tell you that if you apologize, show contrition and remorse, ask for another chance, and apologize again to the people, the prosecutor, and especially the COURT; it normally has an impact.

Whenever defendants have done that before me, it has a great influence in what I do.

You should also be well dressed when you come to court.

Well dressed and well groomed, too.

Make sure your hair is cut, your nails clean, wear a suit and tie (if you're a man - funeral attire for a woman), and be on time.

In fact, show up 30 minutes early, so you won't be late!

But, you've got a long way to go before sentencing.

Make sure you ask for a lawyer (if you can't afford one), or hire one yourself.

That helps in these cases.

You should also have a reason (not an excuse) for why you failed to do what you agreed to do and were ordered to do.

Don't just say, "I forgot" or "I had to work".

Do say, "I was scared" or "I was strung out on drugs" or "I was in the hospital" or any other valid reason.

Do expound on the reason, not just a couple words.

Also, speak loud enough to be heard, speak clearly, say yes sir and no ma'am, and be very polite at all times!

Rape scam in Hampton Va

My friend's husband was accused of rape in Hampton Va. Although there isn't any physical evidence of rape, it is going to a jury trial in Sept. He is in the Navy, and in Norfolk there are woman crying rape.It is his word against hers. These woman have been pulling these rape scams there and at all military cities. My question is that my friend is having a house built. Lets say that they find her husband guilty or not guilty, can this girl still file a civil suit for destroying her reputation. Like O.J.'s ex in laws did to him for wrongful death, although he was found not guilty? Can she put a lien against my friend's new home in order to get money from a court order/and or from retirement funds,savings? Could this cancel their pre approval mortgage, due to she didn't tell her lender about this potential suit against her husband? which means she lied on her loan application?

My friend's husband was accused of rape in Hampton Va. Although there isn't any physical evidence of rape, it is going to a jury trial in Sept. He is in the Navy, and in Norfolk there are woman crying rape.It is his word against hers. These woman have been pulling these rape scams there and at all military cities. My question is that my friend is having a house built. Lets say that they find her husband guilty or not guilty, can this girl still file a civil suit for destroying her reputation. Like O.J.'s ex in laws did to him for wrongful death, although he was found not guilty? Can she put a lien against my friend's new home in order to get money from a court order/and or from retirement funds,savings? Could this cancel their pre approval mortgage, due to she didn't tell her lender about this potential suit against her husband? which means she lied on her loan application?

Anyone can file a civil lawsuit for any and all manner of perceived wrongs.
Yes, the "alleged" rape victim can file a civil suit.
She will not be successful.

Can your friend file a lawsuit?
Sure, see my first sentence above.
She won't be successful.

No one can put a lien against anyone's home.
You can file a lien after you've won a civil judgment.
Then you can file a lien against the defendant's home or other assets.

Your question about the mortgage has no relevance to this discussion.
No one can predict what a lender will do.
Lenders withdraw mortgage offers everyday.
Potential borrowers also get cold feet, prior to signing the mortgage papers.
Nothing illegal about this from either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back