Will be sued by someone who lied to Workers comp

Redbird7081

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I travel in a company car for my job and sometimes I would bring my dog with me. One work day after Thanksgiving I was returning home from my last jobsite and a coworker called and said he was driving home from the same area. He wanted to pull over at a truck stop and meet up. For an unknown reason my dog bit him on the right hand. I offered to go with him to the hospital and pay for it. I said my dog has all his shots and forms. He said okay. On the way to the hospital he called me and said he talked to our boss. An said he lied, saying it was a random dog who bit him and it was on the job so he needed workers comp. I asked why he did that and he told me because now I wont get in trouble and he gets a free ride. He told the hospital the same cover story and has been on workers comp now for 2 months. Before lost wages kicked in he was asking me for money to fill the gap. I was giving him all the money I could afford. Just before the accident he divorced his wife and she was taking child support. When comp wages kicked in she got that too. It angered him and he has been demanding twice the money payments from me and I dont have it. He wants to sue me for the dog bite but I dont understand how he can when he lied about the circumstances and has been frauding comp for 2 months now. The last few times Ive seen him his hand appears fully healed yet he keeps saying hes not going to be cleared for work for another 6 months. Every night hes going to bars and recently went to a hockey game and took on a 700+ dollar a month truck payment. The truck came after the accident and he wants me to make the truck payment. Its out of control. What can I do?

I travel in a company car for my job and sometimes I would bring my dog with me. One work day after Thanksgiving I was returning home from my last jobsite and a coworker called and said he was driving home from the same area. He wanted to pull over at a truck stop and meet up. For an unknown reason my dog bit him on the right hand. I offered to go with him to the hospital and pay for it. I said my dog has all his shots and forms. He said okay. On the way to the hospital he called me and said he talked to our boss. An said he lied, saying it was a random dog who bit him and it was on the job so he needed workers comp. I asked why he did that and he told me because now I wont get in trouble and he gets a free ride. He told the hospital the same cover story and has been on workers comp now for 2 months. Before lost wages kicked in he was asking me for money to fill the gap. I was giving him all the money I could afford. Just before the accident he divorced his wife and she was taking child support. When comp wages kicked in she got that too. It angered him and he has been demanding twice the money payments from me and I dont have it. He wants to sue me for the dog bite but I dont understand how he can when he lied about the circumstances and has been frauding comp for 2 months now. The last few times Ive seen him his hand appears fully healed yet he keeps saying hes not going to be cleared for work for another 6 months. Every night hes going to bars and recently went to a hockey game and took on a 700+ dollar a month truck payment. The truck came after the accident and he wants me to make the truck payment. Its out of control. What can I do?

You can do many, many things.

He might sue you, but I doubt it.
He's just threatening you to scare you.
If he sues you, you and he could face repercussions from your employer.
A lawsuit against you by the snake, is highly unlikely.

If you want to know what you can do about his lies, I suggest you cease all contact with him.
If he continues to pester you, you might want to consider getting an order of protection.
In the future, don't engage in dalliances on company time, using company resources, and with company personnel.

Stop giving your "friend" money.

If he squeals, and he might, all you can do is clam up, play dumb, and deny.

The best words in the universe are, NO THANKS!!!!!

I suggest you stop accepting cheap invitations that involve you being used for the pleasure of lecherous beasts.

I feel like you think something was going on that wasnt haha. He was just a friend who wanted to stop for some food and talk. We do have a spot on our pay sheet to mark down breaks. Anyway thanks for the response I hope you're right.

I feel like you think something was going on that wasnt haha. He was just a friend who wanted to stop for some food and talk. We do have a spot on our pay sheet to mark down breaks. Anyway thanks for the response I hope you're right.

It matters NOT what I think. It matters MOST what your employer thinks.

Do yourself a BIG favor, choose your friends more carefully, and DON'T allow anyone to blackmail you.

You work HARD for your money.
Don't let some crumb scare you into giving it to him.

Report this to your employer pronto. All if it. That it was your dog, that it was not on the clock, and that he is fine now. Protect yourself. This guy is a walking time bomb and if you are helping him cover up the fraud, YOU can be charged and or terminated. As in jail time. Stop paying him. If he wants to sue you, he will no matter how much under the table money you are giving him. Might as well stop the bleeding. You might be on the hook for medicals, but you already know he is milking it and your liability is small.

And for crying out loud, leave puppy at home.

Back