Will a Divorce seperate financial responsibilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VisionTilt

Hey all,

I have a friend who despite all my wife and mines attempts to reason with them and pleading,... got married to a girl he knew for about 2 weeks. He is 19. She is 20.

Now that he has married her he consolidated all of her overdrawn maxed out credit cards into his lower rate personal loans, he has found out that she has alot of medical issues whithout insurance and there are going to be a ton of expenses coming down the road. They got married a couple months ago.

I'm sure he will be the one to pay off her credit cards he transferred no matter what, but regarding what could be thousands of dollars in medical expenses to come... he would like to put some seperation between them financially. Is this possible? Could they technically get a divorce and then keep her new bills coming in seperate from him, so that at least one of them could have good credit and not be responsible?

Any advice for the two of them and him would be appreciated. Also, at what point would he be responsible to pay her alimony if they got a divorce??

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back