Wife had an affair that I didn't bring up in the divorce do I have rights now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Ex-wife has primary custody and receives child support... she will not stop harassing me two years later. Wanting more money (I make below minimum wage and pay $400/month on time, every time.) and just wanting me to be miserable in general. I would cut off all communication but I can't and won't because of my child. I am a very active father and have a close relationship with my child. During the divorce I did not know my rights and thought it would be easier to not bring up the affair she had in my home... which was the reason for the divorce. Now I am the "bad guy" in the eyes of the court and she keeps threatening to take me to court for more money... that I don't make... Do I have rights if we do go back to court? Is it too late to do something about the affair now? I need help and can't afford an attorney at this time to figure this out. Basically, I don't mind paying what I am paying currently... I want to take care of my child in every way possible. I just want to figure out a way where she can legally know that she can't keep harassing me and threatening me and making my life so difficult. I just want to move on and love my child. Any thoughts?

Quote: "Do I have rights if we do go back to court?"

You both have rights. I don't know how much (if any) the affair will make on any decision made by the court. If she does take you to court for additional child support, the court will decide if any changes should be made in the support order.

If you didn't bring up the affair then, you really can't do so now.

In Texas, CS is a set percentage of the NCP's wage; looks like you were imputed a full time wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back