wife got loan in my name without power of attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennylo

when i was deployed to iraq in march 2003 my wife(now ex) cheated on me and move away and didnt tell me nothing. she took all my money out the bank and she move to home town where they have an air force base and she went complaing to them about how i close the bank account in oct. well she recievied an Army Emegency Relief loan under my name. well under AER website it says the spouses need an power of attorney. she never had one. well when i returned i got a letter saying a was past due on my payment. i was mad cuz i didn't know anything about it, i went to jag but they were no help, and so they took out the money out of my check without my consent. i was mad but i did'nt do anything about it. well its been a yr a later can i do anything about it please help

bennylo said:
when i was deployed to iraq in march 2003 my wife(now ex) cheated on me and move away and didnt tell me nothing. she took all my money out the bank and she move to home town where they have an air force base and she went complaing to them about how i close the bank account in oct. well she recievied an Army Emegency Relief loan under my name. well under AER website it says the spouses need an power of attorney. she never had one. well when i returned i got a letter saying a was past due on my payment. i was mad cuz i didn't know anything about it, i went to jag but they were no help, and so they took out the money out of my check without my consent. i was mad but i did'nt do anything about it. well its been a yr a later can i do anything about it please help
(1) If you had a joint bank account with your ex, unfortunately both of you had the right to take money out of the account.
(2) As the loan required your signature/power of attorney and they don't have it on file, then the issue is between her and the AER. They should never have approved the fraudulent loan without confirming the consent of the primary guarantor in some way. Otherwise the ex-spouses of numerous officers would walk in there and request a loan that was supposedly with the ex-spouse's consent.

What did the Army say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back