Wife Cheating On Me - I make the money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verizon

Hello All,

My wife is cheating on me and I will be looking to get into divorce actions soon.

Before I act, I wanted to get more info

let me give you more background

We are married 10 years, and over the past 15 years she has never made more than 5k a year. I have made much more than her and provided all the money for the house, savings, cars, insurance, everything....she spends ever dime she makes, every once i a blue moon, she will make a minor ($200 tops) deposit into savings, but her bills are higher than her income.

What is she entitled to? since she is the guilty party.

Also, there are children involved, and I would like to have primary custody.

My concern is since she is a woman, that she will be taking a bulk of the assets (house, savings etc) and getting primary custody.

Any help or thoughts on how this may go would be appreciated.

thank you

Well no one will no for sure how much anyone will get most courts like to split marriage assets in half, You will likely be required to pay alimony as well. The best thing to do is agree out side of court who will get what and if it goes to court you can ask that everything be liquidated and money be split. Unless you have a prenuptial agreement she is entitled to 50% of the fruits of the marriage however unfair it seems the court looks at it like "you may have payed the bills and made the money but she provided a clean home and cooked dinner so she did her share of the work" so be prepared for that in court. invest money in a good divorce lawyer.

Yes, unless you have a prenuptial agreement, or in rare cases the best divorce lawyer in the world.

That's state dependent. Not all states recognize the same grounds for divorce. In many states, adultery will not alter the amount of the split. In a few, it may. As stated, consult an attorney.

It depends what state you are in but most states are no fault. Adultery does not mean she is still not entitled to anything. You need to see an attorney. Try to put the bitterness aside. If mom has been the primary caregiver she has a very good chance of getting custody. You can certainly ask for joint. Her cheating does not mean no custody.

See an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back