Permanent Residency Wife cheating, Green Card issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnchef

im a conditional resident and that means after 2 years of living with my wife I have to apply to uscis to remove the condition on my green card..my wife and I filed the necessary documents and mailed it to uscis 3 weeks ago..I found out my wife was cheating on me..I have the pictures of her with the guy and a copy of the money transfer she sent him
d money she sent him..now she is saying im the one that cheated and she is going to write uscis and tell them to stop the papers..I was going through a lot..due to the distress of her cheating so I sent her some text messages.. which weren't appropriate...she is claiming im the one that cheated...so she is goin to stop my green card process..I need help..please

Hi Johnchef,

I truly feel you need to seek a lawyer, this site is not the place for you. We can all give you an opinion on how to deal with your wife but I can assure you I have been married for a very long time and I still cant make out sometimes what my wife is thinking!
One thing i will say is this. Try to think where your situation went wrong and if you can make a fresh start maybe with some help from marriage guidance then that is also a good place to start. You loved her enough to make her your wife, so it is your duty as her husband to try and get this situation and your marriage back on track. All marriages have there ups and downs, just keep in mind time is a great healer...

Good luck with what you decide.This is not legal Advice!

im a conditional resident and that means after 2 years of living with my wife I have to apply to uscis to remove the condition on my green card..my wife and I filed the necessary documents and mailed it to uscis 3 weeks ago..I found out my wife was cheating on me..I have the pictures of her with the guy and a copy of the money transfer she sent him
d money she sent him..now she is saying im the one that cheated and she is going to write uscis and tell them to stop the papers..I was going through a lot..due to the distress of her cheating so I sent her some text messages.. which weren't appropriate...she is claiming im the one that cheated...so she is goin to stop my green card process..I need help..please
I would give you personal advice from experience seeing some such outcomes of people in your exact situation……..Be patient and try to work things out with her even if you think or know she is cheating. If you are lucky your permanent GC would be in the mail in a couple of months without a second interview. When you get it, you can then get a divorce. If she call immigration on you or if she says you where the one cheating, your GC could be cancelled, and trigger notice to leave the US. The exception for people in your case against US citizens is mostly successfully on in abusive situations. So calm down and try working it out. ……If not, talk to your local immigration lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back