Wife cheated and has left the home and took the kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrxtyrnt

I'm a 40 year old male and then married to my way for the past 21 years, I love my wife very much but I come to find out that she has cheated on me again. The time before this was in 2002... my wife cheated on me with her boss at work. It was an ongoing relationship that lasted for a short while. I confronted her lover and asked him to leave her alone and stay away from her but she continued to pursue him until his wife found out about his cheating then he stopped. My wife and I renewed our vows back in March of 2011, 2 to 3 months after that she started having an affair with my kids martial arts instructor and I didn't find out about it till December of that year. I tried to talk to her about it, I wanted to work things out... I even asked her to go to marriage counseling with me, I set up the appointments... even drove us over there but she separated from me and moved out January of 2012. I love my wife very much... don't get me wrong I'm mad at her for what she's done to my children as well as me, but I still love her. I guess I wanted to know if I'm entitled to any rights? even though my friends are not attorneys they all want to offer all kind of advice and opinions and I was told that she's not entitled to alimony do to her cheating but I want to confirm this. I live in Cleveland, OH and the only thing I know is that the laws vary from state to state regarding cheating spouses and there right to alimony and pension. I myself have gone to child support and started that for my kids, the house has been taking care of... it went to foreclosure but she gave up all rights to the house and signed it over to me because she did not want it. There are no bills between us due to the bankruptcy that we filed. All marital assets have already been divided seeing as when she left I let her take whatever she wanted with no questions asked. She left me with nothing more than my bed and sofa. I work very hard to support my family and the only time I get to see my kids are on my days off but whenever my wife doesn't get her way or she gets mad at me she keeps the kids away from me and won't let me see them... sometimes for months at a time. I feel as though I am stuck in a bad situation and that I am NOT going to have any rights to protect me. Can anyone offer any advice that might help me out? Thank you in advance for any advice or help that may be offered.

Agree, you will want to get everything decided on through the court system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back