Why would my employer appeal a decision in THEIR favor, regarding my unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddawn01

I have been employed as a supervisor at my job for 7 years. I have never been written up or given so much as a verbal warning during this time. I was recently fired and applied for unemployment benefits. I was denied benefits based on the issue of misconduct. I was given a 15 day window to appeal the decision but before I could even file my appeal, I received a letter stating my EMPLOYER had appealed the decision and a telephone hearing had been set up. Why would my employer appeal a decision that's in their favor? I will be filing my appeal today but since both parties involved have appealed the same decision, is there any law that would automatically void the original decision based on the fact that both parties disagreed by appeal? All information is greatly appreciated. The date for my telephone hearing is TOMORROW

I have been employed as a supervisor at my job for 7 years. I have never been written up or given so much as a verbal warning during this time. I was recently fired and applied for unemployment benefits. I was denied benefits based on the issue of misconduct. I was given a 15 day window to appeal the decision but before I could even file my appeal, I received a letter stating my EMPLOYER had appealed the decision and a telephone hearing had been set up. Why would my employer appeal a decision that's in their favor? I will be filing my appeal today but since both parties involved have appealed the same decision, is there any law that would automatically void the original decision based on the fact that both parties disagreed by appeal? All information is greatly appreciated. The date for my telephone hearing is TOMORROW

Do you KNOW why your former employer appealed?

Their appeal MIGHT be in your best interests.

The employer could be appealing on your behalf in order to see that you get benefits.

They might want to supply additional information.

No one knows why another person does something.

I suggest you be prepared to defend your position.

It doesn't matter why or what the employer does.

Just defend your position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back