Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Why is no one taking action? I need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkNay88

Back in December my stepfather was picked of by the police department and checked into a hospital where we found that he had been taking drugs. Crack and cocaine to be exact. Not wanting to live with him any more, my mom and I went to go stay with my sister. After 4 days he was released; the hospital informed us that with his insurance policy, he could not stay in the hospital longer than that, and he could not be admitted into a rehab unless it was voluntary. After he was released we went back to the house, hoping he would take his medication, but he didn't. Not only did he continue using the drugs but he made delusional claims against my mother; it was obvious he was abusing drugs. At my sisters house we called the police and asked if there was anything we could do, but they stated that it was not their county so they could do nothing. My mother even went to the courts but the judge gave some BS about sticking by her husband. Over the course of the last couple of months we have been trying to take measure to sell the house. He is still living there while we stay with my sister. In the process he has been damaging the house and continually making false accusations and threats. I don't understand why nothing is being done. The hospital is aware that he has been using a substance; they even went as far as to say he was suffering from skitsofrania and mental instability due to drug abuse and other factors. No one seems to care about the fact that this man in not only a threat to himself but others he may encounter. He has continued to buy drugs and use them this is evident. We have been to the house while he was not there to gather more of our belongings and have seen cocaine residue. He remains delusional and says that it's my mom who is on drugs. Over the course of the last 4 months, I, a 16 year old have been dealing with the complications of this man, and the situation he has put us through. I am now desperate and have no where to turn. Some out there please help me. If you have any advice on what actions need to be taken please e-mail me at
This is a very serious matter.

You are very right, this is a serious matter. The problem is, that the law often does not provide good or fast answers. In most states possession of drugs for personal use is not seriously being prosecuted or not even illegal, so that the police in those cases does not act. State laws concerning committing someone against his will to treatment or a hospital are even tougher, it is very hard to commit someone.

I think best would be to contact one of the many support groups and agencies and find out if and how they can help you. Have a look here to find some links: http://alcoholism.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.nar-anon.org/

http://www.maryland-adaa.org/ka/ka-3.cfm?content_item_id=447&folder_id=176

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back