Why are my kids considered neglected

sadmomma

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I have full custody. Dad has supervised visits one day per week. They witnessed him hit me once police were called and cps got involed dropped case. I was reviewing the papers though and it says they are considered neglected by the state?

What papers? Considered by whom? The state isn't an entity which weighs in on child neglect unless it is being prosecuted criminally. When did this incident occur? What do you mean CPS dropped the case? They closed the file? Found no evidence of child endangerment or whatever they were investigating? Sent their investigation to the state to consider for prosecution?

What papers? Considered by whom? The state isn't an entity which weighs in on child neglect unless it is being prosecuted criminally. When did this incident occur? What do you mean CPS dropped the case? They closed the file? Found no evidence of child endangerment or whatever they were investigating? Sent their investigation to the state to consider for prosecution?[/QUOTE
Papers that have my reastraining order against him and his visitation schedule say this. Cps dropped the case after they seen I was breaking up with him for good and the judge awarded him visitation rights. No its not been turned over to the state. This papaer was written in December when cps was dropped.

Neither a restraining order against him, nor your custody agreement would have commentary about your parenting skills.

I am *guessing* that you were on and off, CPS got involved after things got physical with children present, and they were investigating the situation for neglect. Once you finally ended the relationship (marriage?) and had a parenting plan in place which granted him limited visitation, CPS was satisfied that no further action was needed. I'm not entirely sure what your question is.

Neither a restraining order against him, nor your custody agreement would have commentary about your parenting skills.

I am *guessing* that you were on and off, CPS got involved after things got physical with children present, and they were investigating the situation for neglect. Once you finally ended the relationship (marriage?) and had a parenting plan in place which granted him limited visitation, CPS was satisfied that no further action was needed. I'm not entirely sure what your question is.
Why does the paper work consider my children neglected if I am a sober caring mother with a job and home for them?

Whoever wrote that paper would be the only ones who could answer that question. No one else will have any idea what may have prompted them to write that.

Basically, we can only guess since you haven't said WHO wrote it or in what context. Your court ordered parenting plan does not say, "Sadmomma neglects her kids, therefore...." Same for a restraining order. It isn't even for the kids from your description. It does not say, "Sadmomma neglects her kids so {ex of Sadmomma} must not...."

Why have you not asked the author of the document you are reading?

Basically, we can only guess since you haven't said WHO wrote it or in what context. Your court ordered parenting plan does not say, "Sadmomma neglects her kids, therefore...." Same for a restraining order. It isn't even for the kids from your description. It does not say, "Sadmomma neglects her kids so {ex of Sadmomma} must not...."

All I know is the juvenile court wrote it. It doesn't say I neglected them. Just that they are as of by state.

I have know idea who wrote it. Just know it was juvenile court. When I call they give me the run around and ultimately end up with no answers.

Back