Who's Breaking The Law???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evemaw15

Can a cop send an informant to make a drug buy with No Driver's License? Wouldn't they breaking the law in the process?

Can a cop send an informant to make a drug buy with No Driver's License? Wouldn't they breaking the law in the process?

You don't need a drivers license to walk to the drug buying location.
You don't need a drivers license to hop a bus to the drug buying location.
You don't need a drivers license to hire a taxi to drive you to the drug buying location.
You don't need a drivers license to catch a ride with a friend to the drug buying location.
You don't need a drivers license to get a free ride from the friendlily police officer to the drug buying location.
Even IF the alleged CI drove without a drivers license, how could YOU prove it?
Even IF you could PROVE it, so what? The CI isn't under indictment (or under arrest) for selling illegal drugs.
You might want to work with YOUR defense attorney to construst a defense against any charges lodged against YOU!

If you are involved in this in any way (for example you are the one the person bought the drugs from), talk to a lawyer as suggested.

In my case, the informant drove and made a drug purchase for the cops. They sent him to make a drug buy knowing he had no license. Is it okay for them to allow an informant to break the law so they can catch someone else?

In my case, the informant drove and made a drug purchase for the cops. They sent him to make a drug buy knowing he had no license. Is it okay for them to allow an informant to break the law so they can catch someone else?

The answer remains the same!!!!

Focus on your defense.

A traffic violation means nothing as contrasted to a felony drug charge.

Discuss YOUR defense with your lawyer.

What the CI did by allegedly driving without a valid license means NOTHING insofar as YOUR criminal charges are concerned.

Short answer: Yes. They can send allow an unlicensed driver to operate a car to drive to a drug sale as part of a sting. They can choose to issue a citation to him later if they wished, but it does nothing to defend against the underlying criminal charges against the person who sold the drugs.

He was operating the vehicle under the direction of the police. Perfectly legal. If he had an accident, the police force would have been responsible.

The police aren't required to issue citations for every traffic offense they witness.
Police officers have wide latitude and discretion in the issuance of traffic citations and the exercise of their duties.
That's why an officer will simply issue a warning after stopping certain traffic violators.

Who are breaking the law????????
It is the common issue now a days that I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back