Who pays for visitation transportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zagnut143

My ex and I have been divorced for 13 years. Before the divorce was final, he moved 1000 miles away from the kids. We still live in the kids' hometown. The first few years he traveled to us for short visits and stayed with family here. After 4 years he paid for me to bring the kids on a plane for summer visits. That lasted 3 years before he said it got too expensive. I agreed to meet him at a halfway point to exchange the kids (driving) and we have been doing that ever since. The problem is now he wants Christmas visits also and expects me to cover half of the expense. I want them to fly because of the weather up here in the winter. They are old enough and willing to fly UM. No matter how we get them there, do I have to pay this new added expense? Can I tell him he can have them, just send me the plane tickets and I will put them on the plane?
Here is the exact wording of our divorce.
VISITATION: Defendant shall have the right to visit with the children at any time including extended summer (underlined) visitation upon at least 48 hours notice so long as it does not interfere with school and school activities.
That is all that is written on the subject.
Thank you for your time and have a great day :)
On a side note, is pre-season football practice considered a school activity?

Technically since he moved and there is no transportation order, I would say you do not have to help out at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back