Who is responsible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singlemama

I posted previously about my landlady giving me notice to move after the first. Well I responded to her by saying I would be out on July 1st and that if she needed me out earlier she could buy me out of the lease for one months rent ( $1100). Today I get a letter telling me I am responsible for painting, total cleaning and having the carpets professionally cleaned. I get the cleaning and would do that anyway but do I really have to paint and have the carpets cleaned? She says in the letter I need to provide her a reciept for this or she will have it done and take it off my deposit. I have lived here 3 years and I know it was empty for 6 months and the people before that lived here 4 years. That makes the carpet at least 7 years old. The house is only 11 years old so I suspect the carpet is that old as well. I know the unit was not totally repainted when I moved in because you can see spots that were touched up here and there. Is having the carpet done and the paint my issue? The carpet is clean with no stains that I know of since I own a rug doctor and have cleaned any spills up right away.

If she wint buy you out, I'd wait her out.
She wants to sell.
She must need to sell.
Your lease protects you.
You aren't legally required to leave until your lease expires.
She can't legally make you leave.
Only a judge can evict you.
Even if that were to happen, you'd get a hearing to tell your story before the judge.
Save all of her threats.
The longer you wait, the more this will cost her.
Just follow the terms of your lease.
Pay your rent on time.
Wait.
Her tough woman attitude will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back