Whistle blower

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordbbb2002

Hi, I am a municipal government employee and I need some advice. I was recently caught playing internet checkers on my office computer by the deputy director. He asked me what I was doing and I said that I was working on a project. I worked in this position for over two years without the internet and this was the first day it was installed. He stated that if he found me on the internet again he would right me up and I accepted this as a verbal warning. Because I was never in trouble before for this or any of its type. The next day I went in to talk with him as a union shop steward to explain to him that I was not the only one using the internet in this manner. I told him that the forman were using it for their own personal reasons. After this he pointed in my face and said he was writing me up. The next day I recieved a write up for not only what he caught me doing, but everything else he could dig up to. Next thing I knoe I went from a verbal to 3 days suspension pendind termination. During my disciplinary hearing he states that he found nothing on the othe computers. Even though I have witnesses. That day he was on their computers again deleting stuff off. I though that this was tampering with evidence and showing concealment of facts. I appealed the write up through the union. When I went to my appeal the director stated that he authorized the deputy director to delete the stuff on the computers. The Director stated would if he said that they were aloud on the internet. I stated that he would be breaking the township policies. Now because I became a little bit upset they are trying to send me to counciling. I denied and appealed it again. There still is alot more to this and the appeal hearing was taped without asking my permission. What rights do I have and should I fight this to the end? Just to add the deputy director did catch a forman a few months prior to this twice and only disconnected his internet. I don't even know why they connected the internet to my computer in the first place. Do I have something here?::confused:

Are you a Federal employee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back