Which direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willied3000

I am being investigated by the IRS. I received tax refunds that weren't mine a couple years ago. And since a HUMAN and the tax returns were from OTHER HUMANS they are investigating me. What type of lawyer do i need?

(EDITED TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are tax fraud attorneys. You might get a referral to one from your local or state bar assoc. They will take criminal & civil tax fraud cases. (Some of them are ex-IRS trial lawyers.)

You didn't say what you did with the tax refunds but I'm assuming you kept them?

I am being investigated by the IRS. I received tax refunds that weren't mine a couple years ago. And since a HUMAN and the tax returns were from OTHER HUMANS they are investigating me. What type of lawyer do i need?

You will need a lawyer that practices in federal court.
You'll need a criminal defense attorney.

That said, what's brewing for you is more than tax fraud.
Hire that lawyer today, and for goodness sakes, speak to no one unless the lawyer says so and is present.
In the federal system, being in YOU KNOW WHAT, you have some serious penalties ahead.

I'd also GUESS the sate will come after you for some serious stuff, too.
They LOVE to pile on, and they love fallen heroes and role models.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replys. But i didn't keep any of the money i sent it l back. I don't know if that make a difference because I'm still under investigation. I didn't know this would come back to haunt me years later.

What did you do with the refunds/money if you didn't keep the refunds/money?

Agree, explain everything to a lawyer. Good luck. There's no more we can do for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back