Where to file the case???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodHeart

I am going through a tough time with a company that was to assist me in getting a loan modification. In May I started the process by signing a contract, in Pasadena, CA, the company that I did business with is located in Irvine,CA. I shortly thereafter received phone calls and emails stating that in order to proceed with the loan modification I had to send them a payment of $1200. I paid them and then I did not hear from any of them anymore. I later find out that, this person had been doing this to other people also, and I now feel scammed. I was calling this guy, everyday, to get my money and he now says that he does not work there anymore, and recommends that I contact the person who had forwarded my file to, but I never signed any contracts with them, in addition that person does not work for that business either. So my question is: where do I sue, Pasadena court or in Irvine court? I signed a contract in Pasadena but the contract was broken since they did nothing in Irvine for me?

Irvine would probably be best since that is where the company is located... at least in this situation they aren't far apart.
I don't know any better about the geography.... aren't they in the same county? They seem close enough that they should be. If they are both in the same county then you can file anywhere in the county.

The short answer is that you sue where the company's registered agent is located. Go to the Secretary of State's web site. Look up the company and it's registered agent. Sue them and serve them. I would sue the company I wrote the check to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back