When does the custody start

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodge918

I am trying to figure out when I get my kids, my ex wife is trying to change up weekends based off what she thinks. I am going to contact the courts later today but wondering if i can get some opinions.

The divorce decree says that the father gets the kids "week 1 Fri Sat SUn, Week two Thursday, Friday"

Now she is saying week one starts the week the dudge signed off on our divorce, to me it sounds like week one and two of every month.

I'm trying to figure it out why it's an issue, to be honest - will the difference really matter?

for one I have to work Saturdays, I am having hard time securing a sitter if we swap. Two all my vacations are already planned for the year so that is going to mess that up. I wouldnt have an issue if she was trying to switch for a good reason, but she wants to switch to help her soccial life.

I entered a motion to clarify with the judge, but wont hear back for a couple weeks. The court told me that My ex is wrong on her interpitation. However that the decree is kind of vague when it comes to the child custody.

for one I have to work Saturdays, I am having hard time securing a sitter if we swap. Two all my vacations are already planned for the year so that is going to mess that up. I wouldnt have an issue if she was trying to switch for a good reason, but she wants to switch to help her soccial life.

With all due respect...you've just told us that your vacations are part of the reason this messes you up. That's kind of a social thing...

Y'know?

I entered a motion to clarify with the judge, but wont hear back for a couple weeks. The court told me that My ex is wrong on her interpitation. However that the decree is kind of vague when it comes to the child custody.

Realistically, all you can do is wait to hear back from the court.

well no i consider social life going out to the bars, that is her reasoning. My vactions are already scheduled with my work for trips i will be taking this year. I think there is a difference..

well no i consider social life going out to the bars, that is her reasoning. My vactions are already scheduled with my work for trips i will be taking this year. I think there is a difference..

The court likely won't...

Switching for her social life IS a good reason. Both of you grow up and work it out. Jesus I hate divorce cases.

Switching for her social life IS a good reason. Both of you grow up and work it out. Jesus I hate divorce cases.

I agree, i would of been more than willing to switch my schedule for the year if she would of came to me like an adult. but she basicly sent me an email stating this is how it is too bad you cant pick up the kids this weekend. I dont think anyone would be cool with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back