When does it end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkinVA

I was divorced in Tennessee in 1993. The youngest of my children turned 18 in May 07 and is in college. The oldest turned 18 in Mar 05, graduated in May 05 and has been in college. I filed to get a child suport modification in June of 05 and after alot of dodging by my EX-wife and her Attorney including two scheduled Court dates that were canceled the day of the trial (and after I had traveled 580 miles to get there) we finnaly went to Court in Cumberland County in Feb 08.

Judge rulled at that time:
- That each attorney was to submitt an order under the five day rule.
- Child supprot was to stop immediatly.
- listed some bills that were to be paid from my "Over payment"
- assesed $3000 of my EX-wife Attorney fees to me.
My attorney after much pestering from me finnaly submitted an order (that was incomplete) in March 08 and it was signed by the Judge. The other attorney submitted an order That was not consistant with the Judges ruling two weeks later but, the Judge signed that order as well. (That order was late because the attorney never bothered to respond to attempted contact by my attorney from Feb-the end of March).

Now the Judge is so confused that he has ordered another hearing. The other Attorney contends that the Attorney bill for My EX-wife was $14,000 (who claims to make $13,000 and recieves about 9500 in child support).

Does it ever really end? Now I have to go back to court and continue paying "support" for the two lawyers because they cannot manage to get themselves and the Judge unscrewed. Is there anything that can be done about this or are me and my wallet just along for the ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back