What's the course of action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty49

I had worked out a verbal contract with a subletter (I am only a renter of the apartment.) to sublet a room in my apartment for 4 months with the option to renew at the end of my lease. Now only 1 month into the terms agreed upon I am being told that she is moving out and if she doesn't find another person to pay her portion of the bills beginning June 1st, she "doesn't care" and "I'm on my own". I have a witness to the contract as there were two free rooms in the apartment and I met with both potential parties about subletting. They both agreed to pay 1/3 of the total rent and 1/3 of any bills incurred while they were in the apartment. Luckily I have full co-operation with one of the roommates. So I guess what I'm asking is what kind of actions can I take to ensure that I don't have to foot her 1/3 of the bills? I'm not worried about the renew option. I think I know the answer to the other question but I'd like more qualified people to put my mind at ease. This is all taking place in Nova Scotia, Canada also, so if there is any Canadian knowledge/input that would be great!!!
Thanks!

Ok, It looks like I may have scared a few ppl away from posting, so if anyone has some out-look on this please post up with it, anything would help me! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back