What's Illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

classic454321

I have seen many people asking pretty much the same questions about either being harassed or treated unfairly at work. I know, I have done it too. The moderators of this site do a great service to us answering these questions and I thank them for it. I just have one question. What is illegal for an employer to do if it doesn't have anything to do with sexuallity, race or other money issues? Are they they allowed to just pile up as many jobs as they want for you even if it's not in your description? Can they take your office away? Can they fire you because of a poor performance appraisal, even though it's only poor because of extra jobs and poor workspace that they gave you?

Once again thank you for your advice.

All of the above.

Unless there is a law specifically prohibiting an action, that action is considered legal. The law says what an employer MUST do and what they MUST NOT do, not what they MAY do. Since no law prohibits their piling on jobs, or giving you jobs outside your job description, or taking away your office space, or firing you for a poor performance (regardless of reason) they may do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back