what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommy2004

I have recently left an abusive husband who controlled everything and was sexualy and physicaly abusive towards me. we have a 3 year old daughter. our daughter lives with me but is court ordered to have weekends with her father. a few months ago, she told me that her father was touching her privates and so of course i called cps, the police and took her to the hospital for a check up. after all this, cps decided that they werent goping to pursue asking her any questions because of her age and decided that the aleegation was unfounded. needless to say, he was awarded his visitation and is even fighting for full custody. he is the most controlling, fast talking, maniputater i have ever delt with and i am afraid for my daughters safety. i still believe her despite what everyone thinks. i cannot bring myself to alllow these visitations. i know that this will end up with me in jail for contempt of court. is there any way to sing guardianship over to someone that i trust so that she can go on a vacation for a while?

If the abuse is documented (hospital and/or police records), you might be able to get an order of protection and supervised visits, but this means going to court for custody... whatever you do, don't go against anything the court orders, or YOU will be in the wrong, and your daughter will be unable to fight for herself....

I'm not a lawyer, just trying to lend some sound opinions to you.

Don't Panic...

It is vey important that since you are divorced from him and that CPS does not think you are filing false reports, continue to monitor the situation. She is getting older and should be able to communicate better.

At this point if you want supervised visits you are going to have to go to court and ask for them. You CANNOT sign voer guardianship to someone else and overstep dad, but you need to call around to an attorney to see if anyone can help.

So I assume the physical examination did not uncover any proof of seuxal abuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back