Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft what will happen to my friend and i?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can be released to others will be covered under state law. Chances are the store cannot release information that can be sufficiently identifying as to permit the info to be used for purposes of fraud, but a name and an age might be lawful.

What are you afraid they might release? Yes, they might provide your name and age - and, maaybe, an image to other retailers, but how far this is distriubted I cannot say.

- Carl

Here is the reality of things! If Store A stops you for shoplfting and finds other stores (let call it Store B and C) merchandise on you that is unpaid for they can and will likely return the merchandise to Stores B and C. Now if Stores B and C have evidence they have kept of those thefts they can prosecute. Nothing illegal or confidential! Put on your big boy pants and deal with it! Now will stores B and C start a case to prosecute? Not likely as its not likely they have evidence of you comitting those thefts! If they did you would have been stopped then. Now since you stole from several stores a felony charge could result even if stores B and C do not file criminal charges

wait can store A, the store that caught us shoplifting, change their minds about keeping it "in house" and go to court to charge us for felony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back