Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft what will happen to my friend and i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewister68

first off, i would like to explain that i fully understand how my friend&i are stupid enough to get caught up in such a "good thing" and let it continue for so long
(shoplifting)
we definitely got carried away when we tried stealing a large item from target
but then the security thing was triggered and stopped the cart
so we had to leave this large item in the middle of the security thing
but! we still managed to leave with a 30-40$ priced item
now we once again show exactly how stupid we are by not learning our lesson with this oh-so close encounter with the law/target security people,
by going to Store name a while later and getting caught stealing there
there were no police involved and now we're getting a fine sent by Store name
(btw, we're 16)
and yes, we have stolen quite a few amount of clothing from other Store names
so what we are really worried about is if any of these parnoid&guiltridden and anxiously thought of scenarios might become reality:
1. all the other Store name find out that we're responsible for many missing clothes so they all gather up and sue us or give us an even bigger fine OR get the police involved
2. Store name telling Store name that they found the people that tried to steal the large item and Store name adds their fine to Store name fine OR Store name getting the police involved along with Store name fine
3. Store name getting the police involved before any of the Store name stuff happened by using the security cameras to see our license plate # and tracking us down to fine us&get us in trouble with the police which will add to the Store name fine
4. or any scenario that ends up with us having to deal with Store name's $500fine AND the police AND Store name and maybe other Store name
can you guys help us figure out what might happen?

Your post was edited for your protection. For a better understanding as to why read the link below

http://www.thelaw.com/guide/criminal-law/civil-recovery-demand-letters-for-shoplifting/

1. all the other Store name find out that we're responsible for many missing clothes so they all gather up and sue us or give us an even bigger fine OR get the police involved
Can they? Yes they can
2. Store name telling Store name that they found the people that tried to steal the large item and Store name adds their fine to Store name fine OR Store name getting the police involved along with Store name fine
Each store may fine for it sown thefts not adding other stores thefts. They also have limits the state will allow them to sue for
3. Store name getting the police involved before any of the Store name stuff happened by using the security cameras to see our license plate # and tracking us down to fine us&get us in trouble with the police which will add to the Store name fine
Your bigger worry should be a burglary charge
4. or any scenario that ends up with us having to deal with Store name's $500fine AND the police AND Store name and maybe other Store name
can you guys help us figure out what might happen?
There are too many possibles! One possible could be a felony charge

so do you think there's a high chance of the store that my friend and i left a product at the security thing
finding us?
because we also took a 30-40$ item so that might encourage them to get us
and also they might recognize us from previous visits that involve shoplifting

There are numerous ways for a store to find out who you are and take action if the choose. Whether they will or not is merely speculation

I think what Admin is saying is that the statute of limitations is that long. So yes the store has that long to file charges. However once a couple months goes by your usually safe.

actually i have one more question,
do you guys know whether this would be a felony or misdemeanor?
ive stolen a lot from that store but they were different stores of the same chain.
im pretty sure it comes to about $200 worth of things :blush

would/can the store that my friend&i got caught shoplifting at tell the other store (the one with that ive shoplifted many times from) about my information?
or is that confidential?
and these two stores are different chains

but the woman that did all the paper work and such when the store caught us shoplifting said the information would be confidential to the one chain only. :dunno:

and would the police really spend time to track down my license plate? :dunno:

Then why ask the question? Why would a store keep information about a crime from its victim(s)? I also said they could. There would be no reason to pass that info on if there wasnt evidence to build a case.

lewister68 said:
would/can the store that my friend&i got caught shoplifting at tell the other store (the one with that ive shoplifted many times from) about my information?
or is that confidential?
and these two stores are different chains

I print pictures and give full info to other stores all the time, it helps get rid of theives. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back