What type of trademark to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camby

Hi,

I am hoping you can help me here...

As a specific sport coach, I am planning on setting up a website (I have the domain name, and checked to see it is clear in terms of trademark) to promote the sport and athletes. The site can be a resource to provide information about recruiting, events, etc.

Eventually as the name grows, I'd like to host sporting events in the name I am planning to trademark, and possibly have shirts and other products with the name screenprinted/imprinted for sale.

I can see how in one way the name will be used for SERVICE, but eventually would it be considered GOODS? I'm not sure which of the two I should apply for. I wish I could apply for both, but it seems I can only choose one. Which one should I select?

In terms of a specific description for the use of the name, what do you think might be applicable here?

Thank you so much for your time and help!

Last edited:
You wouldn't happen to be a fan of good old Marcus, would you? :) Great ballplayer. We miss him in New York City. :)

You should start off with the service and, if you want, apply for intent to use for goods.

I can't tell you what to write with regards to use. It's a bit of an art where you want to be as descriptive as possible yet vague enough so it covers a broad range of activity within your class that you register.

Hi,

Thank you for your response!

Yes, a fan of Marcus so much we names one our cats Camby! Hopefully Amare can add some excitement to the Knicks now, and let's keep our fingers crossed for Lebron!

So I can apply for service first and then goods? For some reason, I was under the impression that I can only apply for one first and then have to stick with that. That would really save me trouble if I can get both.

If I can indeed do one after the other, is that something I should do now, or wait until it gets to that point?

As for the description - "It's a bit of an art where you want to be as descriptive as possible yet vague enough so it covers a broad range of activity within your class that you register" - that makes perfect sense to me.

Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back