Copyright What type of rights are needed to open a Theme Park based on an Anime series?

W

WhiteAngel9

Jurisdiction
California
How hard would it be to acquire rights to popular anime? What type of rights would be needed to run a theme park based on more then one Anime? Most of the rights are held with Japanese production companies, so my question is are they fairly reasonable or impossible to deal with? Just curious. Thank you.

How hard would it be to acquire rights to popular anime? What type of rights would be needed to run a theme park based on more then one Anime? Most of the rights are held with Japanese production companies, so my question is are they fairly reasonable or impossible to deal with? Just curious. Thank you.

If you're that curious, ask a Japanese company that holds a license to a Imelda characters.

The Japanese are notoriously difficult to work with when discussing copyright and trademark. The Japanese are very protective of their work product and I highly doubt you would receive any permission to use the characters without heavy Japanese partnership.

Nintendo was so difficult to deal with that non-licensed games were very generic and almost immediately blocked by the company. They held large rights with Konami to produce most of the Nintendo video games. Even today the Wii has by far the fewest games available because of the difficulty in producing and working with the parent company.

Back