What to expect?

D

Dawnnoell88

Jurisdiction
Missouri
My boyfriend has been living with me in MO for the past 8 months. His ex wife made up some charges 3 months ago she contacted him right after she was served with Divorce papers. no one contacted him about her treated charges will US Marshals show up and arrest him 4 days ago with a fugitive warrant out of TX. I've called a few lawyers in TX. None of the lawyers in TX can find charges filed on him. How can he defend himself without knowing his charges. Will MO extradite him to TX with no charges filed. I can't even get him a lawyer without fully knowing the charges and since none are filed he's just being held on a fugitive warrent.
How long after he is in custody do they have to charge him. Or can they just make him sit there for 30 days. Bail is set at $100,000 so we can't afford that

If the charges stick, someone from Texas will eventually show up to seek his extradition.

If the charges are federal, extradition isn't required. He'll simply be removed.

If the charges are from a state, as in Texas, extradition must be sought.

If he's a fugitive from another state, or from federal authorities, the charges were not because of his wife. In any cases, all will be known to him.

Truthfully, me already knows what he did. He's just not being truthful with you. Think about it, for example if he was on probation or parole, he knows what he did to get on parole or probation.

If he was out in bond for any charge, he knows what he did to receive that charge. I suggest you try to remain calm, give it time, all will be known to you soon.

To make sure you know all, if you desire, you can be present at every court hearing. Court proceedings are always open to the public, no invitation needed, because by law court proceedings are always open to the public.

Back